Video: the 2018 Forbes Under 30 event in Boston; This year's event comes to Detroit October 27-30.
We're always on the lookout for new trends in the meetings industry. We couldn't agree more with this article over on Social Tables highlighting #5 as "Meetings will become music festivals."
Here's a quote from the article:
"In 2019, we’ll move further on the spectrum toward full-blown festivalization. Essentially, the line between consumer festivals and corporate events will continue to blur, as elements of the former become a means of engagement for the latter."
Some supporting trends that we've already seen by our own clients:
- Full concert audio, video walls, projection screens & lighting at corporate events for A-level entertainment
- Immersive platforms where the audience becomes a participant
- 360-degree seating; bringing back theatre in the round:
- Automotive events (in our Detroit location) with DJ Stages with sponsor vehicles flanking either side. We've done some impressive renderings and quotes recently for private, non-ticketed events.
- Trade shows over pools. We'd love never to see the inside of Orlando or Vegas's convention centers again!
- An increase in booking full-production for multi-city concert tours, staged at military bases for veterans.
What do you think? Head over to our Facebook or LinkedIn pages to leave your thoughts.
Interested in having PM1 build your next Meeting Music Festival? Our Full Event Production staff would crush it. Click the button below to begin.